Rahayu Abd Ghani is the Principal Partner of Rahayu Partnership.
Rahayu graduated from the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne with a Bachelor of Laws Honours Degree in 1996 and upon completing her Certificate in Legal Practice and being called to the Malaysian Bar in 1999, Rahayu started her practice in a Maritime Law firm in Subang Jaya where she gained experience specializing in shipping, admiralty and insurance cases.
She has been exposed to a full range of shipping, admiralty and insurance cases both contentious and non-contentious. She also handles civil, corporate and commercial cases. Her exposure includes:
• project financing;
• ship financing and registration;
• ship sale agreements and shipbuilding contracts;
• ship arrests for all types of claim;
• charter party and bill of lading disputes;
• marine hull & machinery claims;
• cargo insurance claims;
• liability insurance claims;
• fire and engineering claims;
• professional indemnity insurance claims;
• shipping and admiralty litigation
• banking litigation;
• insurance litigation;
• debt recovery;
• enforcement of foreign judgment and arbitration awards;
• winding-up and bankruptcy.
Apart from the above, she also handles real property transactions and drafting of corporate agreements and other documentations etc.