Bachelor of Law (Hons), Multimedia University
Advocate & Solicitor, Malaysia Called to the Malaysian Bar: 2018
Fatin started her career exposure as a Legal Attachment student for 3 months at Rahayu Partnership in 2016. She graduated law school in 2017 and pursued her pupillage at Rahayu Partnership. She was called to the Malaysian Bar in 2018 and continued to work with Rahayu Partnership as a Legal Associate.
Fatin has been exposed to a full range of corporate, banking, shipping, admiralty, intellectual property, probate and conveyancing matters (mainly non-contentious).
Her exposure includes:
Shipping and Admiralty
- Transferred ownership of vessels;
- Registered and discharged mortgage on vessels;
- Drafted documentation for the sale and purchase of second-hand vessels and dealing with documentary closings, vessel deliveries, transfers and registration;
- Drafted Bareboat Charter Hire Agreements;
- Provided legal advice on ship registration under the Malaysian Ship Registry (MSR) and Malaysian International Ship Registry (MISR) and registration of permits;
- Provided legal advice on reflagging vessels under the MISR;
- Provided legal advice on late payment of charter hires and claiming of damages for breaking negotiations;
- Provided legal advice on wrongful arrest and claim of damages for owner of vessels.
- Drafted corporate banking facility agreements and supporting documents for banks (Conventional and Islamic);
- Registered and discharged securities for the banks;
- Provided advice to banks on legal matters.
- Drafted various corporate agreements including but not limited to Joint Venture Agreements (JVA), Mutual Non- Disclosure and Non-Circumvention Agreements (NCNDA), Memorandum of Understandings (MOU), Power of Attorneys, Shareholder Agreements, Shares Sale and Purchase Agreements, Friendly Loan Agreements etc;
- Drafted corporate governance documents including but not limited to board notice circulations, board resolutions, shareholder resolutions, Memorandum and Articles of Association etc;
- Incorporated Malaysian and Labuan companies;
- Assisted to open bank accounts for various Malaysian and Labuan companies;
- Provided legal advice on bankruptcy and winding up;
- Provided legal advice on application of travel and tourism business permits;
- Provided legal advise on visa applications for foreigners
- Registered Trade Marks for companies.
- Attended court for resealing of probate;
- Assisted to release assets in Malaysia to the executor.
- Completed transaction for subsale of properties.
The Kuala Lumpur Bar Council
Suite A-17-17, Menara UOA Bangsar
5 Jalan Bangsar Utama 1, Bangsar
59000 Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
+603 2287 2322